Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Magic Fairy Dust



So I am having the old Alternative Energy debate with my favorite Greenee. She is getting bugged and unleashes the usual ad-hominem attack: "You only look at information from one side. If you would have a more open mind and really look into both sides with an open mind you would have a different opinion."  Well my response to that is that I have an expert on the subject a phone call away that I have known for more than 40 years. This expert on the subject goes to every Magic Fairy Dust Alternative Energy Symposium available. She can probably quote me every windmill, solar, and kitchen grease diesel talking point there is. Yep I have learned everything necessary about alternative energy from my Greenee friend. My primary question is whether any of these "New Technologies" are economically viable.  She has argued vehemently over many years that several of these are indeed so.

Well me, I am kinda funny.  I pay much more attention to peoples actions than their words.  I believe, strangely, that peoples actions speak much more loudly than words. So what does my favorite greenie's actions tell me about the economic viability of "Alternative Energies?" How many of these wondrous planet saving technologies has my Greenee friend implemented in her own life to set the example?

Let's see...

Solar energy - Uh no, her town, like many others is a permafog zone.

Wind - Well lot's of hot air, but no windmill.

kitchen grease diesel - Ick, no.

Hybrid: nope

Bicycles to work: nope - travels all over the state to work on the evil pressed-dinosaur juice.

Other alternative energy. - Not so much.

If questioned about the disparity in her words and actions I suppose she would say that these are just not economically viable for them - and I believe her. Actually I have no problem with her not adopting these absurd and economically inviable solutions. My problem is that these greenies want to force us to adopt these technologies when they have not done so themselves.  So if you live in a solar powered dome, powered by a windmill, the sun, and your kitchen scraps, and you ride a bicycle or a drive a hybrid "Smart-Coffin" to work tell me about the viability of powering the world with Magic Fairy Dust and good intentions. Until then I have one thing to say to you. Get back to me about this after you get off the grid and are commuting in a clown-car powered by happy thoughts.

No comments: